The second assignment from Writing 101 is to write a list. I wanted to share some things that I have learned. I strongly believe that there is always more to know and why not share our knowledge wealth with each other :).
Five Things That I Have Learned:
- When people ask “How are you?”, they don’t want to know your life story. They are just being polite.
- Hold yourself accountable for your actions. It is easy to blame someone else, but it shows strength when you admit you were wrong. It also gives you the opportunity to learn from your mistakes.
- Realize that you can’t control other people’s lives. You can be honest and give your friend advice, but at the end of the day, it’s her life. Your job is to support your friends no matter what.
- It’s never going to be the right time to work out. I don’t care if you’ve worked a twelve hour shift, just do it! (In the words of Shia LaBeouf.)
- Life will throw you curveballs. It will make you question yourself, your choices, and your feelings towards yourself. Rise above those situations and don’t let them break you. You are powerful beyond measure, beautiful, and successful.
What are some life lessons you have picked up? Let me know in the comments!