She was about to step away from Pansy when she caught sight of the setting sun through the open curtains. There was something about the growing shadows Continue reading
This is one of the projects I have been working on for the past month. It is a story very dear to me. Continue reading
The second assignment from Writing 101 is to write a list. I wanted to share some things that I have learned. I strongly believe that there is always more to know and why not share our knowledge wealth with each other :).
Five Things That I Have Learned:
- When people ask “How are you?”, they don’t want to know your life story. They are just being polite.
- Hold yourself accountable for your actions. It is easy to blame someone else, but it shows strength when you admit you were wrong. It also gives you the opportunity to learn from your mistakes.
- Realize that you can’t control other people’s lives. You can be honest and give your friend advice, but at the end of the day, it’s her life. Your job is to support your friends no matter what.
- It’s never going to be the right time to work out. I don’t care if you’ve worked a twelve hour shift, just do it! (In the words of Shia LaBeouf.)
- Life will throw you curveballs. It will make you question yourself, your choices, and your feelings towards yourself. Rise above those situations and don’t let them break you. You are powerful beyond measure, beautiful, and successful.
What are some life lessons you have picked up? Let me know in the comments!
Set a timer and free-write for fifteen to thirty minutes.
I have never given writing any special thought. It has been ingrained in me since the moment I first entered the world. I used to tell my mother that I wanted to open my own bookstore, so that I could sell my own books. Just in case no one else wanted to sell them (of course). Continue reading
It has been exactly one month since my last post. Continue reading
As the sun rises, I will be off to bed. I wanted to Continue reading
This quote ties into something my dad has taught me. There are some members of my family who have grown bitter with age. He told me, “You can’t blame the world for everything that goes wrong with your life.” Continue reading
Regret. She watched as the casket was lowered into the cold, hard ground. White roses were placed on the casket and one by one, the guests left. A hand on the shoulder, a sad smile, Continue reading